سه شنبه 30 شهريور 1400.
امروز :
 

The chart shows student expenditure over a three-year period in the United Kingdom


Write a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below


You should write at least 150 words

Student expenditure (aged under 26 in higher education) United Kingdom*

G114

Percentage of total expenditure

(1) includes non-essential consumer items and credit repayments
* Source: Student Income and Expenditure Survey. Department for Education and Employment

Study these three sentences and then write three similar sentences about other parts of the chart.

1 During the period 1996 to 1999, student spent 3% less on accommodation, which fell from 23% to 20% of total expenditure.
2 There was a 3% decrease in spending on accommodation, which fell from 23% to 20%.
3 Spending on accommodation went down by 3% from 23% to 20%.

Using prepositions
Complete the following sample report by putting a preposition in each space.


The chart shows the changes which took place in student spending in the United Kingdom during/over the three-year period from 1996 to 1999

Students spent 3% less on accommodation, which fell from 23% to 20% of total expenditure, and there was a 2% decrease in spending on food, bills and household goods, which fell from 20% to 18%. At the same time course expenditure went down by 3% from 10% to 7%. Children, who constituted 1% of students' expenditure in 1996, are not represented in 1999

On the other hand, there was a 5% growth in spending on entertainment, which stood at 26% of total expenditure in 1996 but rose to 31% in 1999. Spending on other non-essential items and credit repayments grew by 4% to make up 16% of total expenditure. Spending on essential travel went up by 3% while non-essential travel underwent a 1% fall

Overall, with the exception of expenditure on travel, the most significant general change was a shift from/in spending on essential items to spending on non-essential items
 

 

برای دسترسی به منبع کلیک کنید

 

تمامی حقوق این مطلب متعلق به آموزش زبان انگلیسی بابک عبادی می باشد و استفاده از آن تنها با ذکر نام منبع آموزش زبان انگلیسی بابک عبادی، و نام وب سایت  WWW.ENGLISH-EBADI.COM مجاز می باشد.

نظر خود را اضافه کنید.

0
/component/komento/?controller=captcha&task=display&tmpl=component&captcha-id=607123
شرایط و قوانین.

برای کسب اطلاعات بیشتر در خصوص دوره ها و ثبت نام با ما تماس بگیرید

کارشناسان آموزش به سوالات شما پاسخ خواهند داد.

ارتباط با ما